Friday, November 7, 2008

MSNBC Host Chris Matthews - Journalist or Obama Cheerleader?

NBC journalist: It's my job to see Obama succeed
Jim Brown - OneNewsNow - 11/7/2008 8:15:00 AM

[Here's the part that is not surprising to me in the least:]

"A media analyst says MSNBC host Chris Matthews effectively admitted yesterday he was an unpaid member of Barack Obama's press office.

Matthews appeared Thursday on MSNBC's Morning Joe with Joe Scarborough to discuss Obama.


Matthews: "Yeah, well, you know what? I want to do everything I can to make this thing work, this new presidency work, and I think that --

Scarborough: "Is that your job? You just talked about being a journalist!"

Matthews: "Yeah, it is my job. My job is to help this country...because this country needs a successful presidency."

[Now for the part that makes me cringe!:]

"[Matthews] has publicly stated that he is interested in running for the United States Senate from the state of Pennsylvania in 2010." "It's the Arlen Specter seat -- and this is, I believe, Chris Matthews attempting to position himself for that...to ingratiate himself first of all with Democratic leaders in the state of Pennsylvania, and then potentially also with the Democratic primary electorate." Finkelstein notes that panelists for MSNBC's election night coverage, including former Democratic Congressman Harold Ford, were even teasing Matthews about his strong affinity for Pennsylvania politics.

Last week I was pleading, "God save the U.S.!" At least I now have two years to plead, "God save Pennsylvania!"

No comments: