Thursday, May 14, 2009

"The Solution Most Pleasing to the Lord: Disinvite Obama"


These are excerpts from a phenomenal letter from Bishop Emeritus John Yanta of the Diocese of Amarillo, Texas dated April 10, 2009 to President Father Jenkins of Notre Dame:

"From the first moment I heard of your regrettable, ill-advised action I was very disappointed."

"In conscience I can no longer support Notre Dame as a Catholic College. I am deeply offended how you treat my wife of 54 years, the Church I love whose head is Jesus Christ."

"I also see Notre Dame crucifying Our Lord once again. Our Blessed Mother must be sorrowful for what you are doing to her Son, using her name in doing so."

"Blessed Mother Teresa said: "Do you think that God is going to bless a nation that kills its unborn babies?" Do you think God is going to continue blessing Notre Dame?"

"As a brother to you in the priesthood of Christ, I will pray for you to disinvite our Pro-Abortion President, who has supported and surrounded himself only with Catholics who dissent and are stubbornly defiant of the Church's teachings, i.e., the issues of life, pro-abortion Catholics receiving Holy Communion, e.g. Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Kathleen Sebelius and others."

"Sadly, the Body of Christ is being divided in this Country and you have joined them: Notre Dame, D.D. - Dissenter and Disuniter."

"Should you choose to remain unmoved and to continue to be defiant and thereby setting a scandalous example for your students and the nation, I will support the many efforts of bearing witness to the truth."

"For example, Notre Dame football is being scheduled to be in San Antonio, October 31. I will be there, not in the Alamodome, but outside near there, joining a legal, peaceful and prayerful protest. I will be praying the Rosary, the Sorrowful Mysteries, praying for the conversion of Notre dame, D.D."






No comments: