Friday, October 9, 2009

Obama - Nobel Peace Prize - For what?


Obama lauds Peace Prize, says work just started

10/9/2009 10:32:00 AM
Associated Press/AP Online

WASHINGTON - A beaming President Barack Obama says he's honored to win the Nobel Peace Prize, but says he isn't sure he's done enough to earn it. Tell him to give me a call. I’ll confirm for him that he hasn’t done “jack squat!”

Appearing in the Rose Garden Friday, Obama acknowledged he was "both surprised and deeply humbled" to win the award. He said he does not "view it as a recognition of my own accomplishments," but rather as a recognition of goals he has set for the United States and the world. Obama said, "I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many transformative figures that have been honored by this prize." I never thought I’d see the day when I would actually agree with this man on something!

Do you think he was awarded this prize for bringing together a professor and a police officer to share a beer? (No, wait a minute, couldn't be possible since Obama was the one who caused the rift between them!)

Keep in mind that the deadline for the nominations for this award was February 1st, 2009. Obama had all of 12 DAYS under his belt as President by then!

No comments: